Laminate floors are both durable and beautiful to have in any home. That said though, laminate is not indistructable. Cleaning laminate floors is not something you’ll need to do on a regular basis to keep them looking great and lasting for years to come.
This article will focus on some of the quick tips to clean laminate floors and ways to prevent future damage.
Your first step is to sweep your laminate floors at least weekly, more often if you have a lot of traffic. You can also vacuum them, but be careful with possible scratching.
In most all cases you can clean laminate floors with a cotton mop and hot water in a bucket. Be sure you do not puddle the water on the floor. Ring out the mop thoroughly before using it.
I’ve used this method for years and found it to be very effective. It doesn’t streak or leave the floor feeling sticky.
Many people swear by mixing 1/4 cup of vinegar in water and mopping floors with it. Others recommend adding 1/3 cup of rubbing alcohol into the mix as well.
Some will swear by using the Swiffer mop when cleaning laminate floors. It does work well in most cases.
Important Laminate Care Tips
- Never use any type of abrasive cleaners or steel wool on laminate.
- Never apply polish or wax on the floor.
- Never attempt to refinish laminate floors or sand them.
- Be careful walking with high heels on laminate. It’s very easy to dent and damage the floor.
- Don’t allow spills or water to stand on the floor. Wipe the spills immediately.
- Always place furniture pads under furniture legs before moving it across the floor.
By using these simple tips and caring for your laminate flooring you’ll keep it looking beautiful for years to come.
Read more: BATHROOM CLEANING PRODUCTS TO AVOID